NO Fan PWM connector
# │forum
d
Hello, I just received my Turing Pi 2 board. The board is beautiful. You should know that there are no screws supplied with it (a bit complicated to find for M.2 fixings). There is also no paper documentation or USB key integrating the doc and the Drivers. But what bothers me the most is that I don't have a PWM connector for the fans? it's all over the pictures, but not on my board!? So I haven't been able to test with my Nano 4go yet. For those who have also received their TP2 card, is it the same? no PWM connector? Thank you for your reply
d
Hi
The FAN headers are located here:
Right below right side of each node
t
what about the 2-pin fan header below the UARTs? how does one connect a fan with 4 pins to it?
p
the 2 pins are +12V and GND
d
You need to use 2 side (not middle) pings of the 4-pin plug. There's only one way to connect it since the plug contains these rails-like stiching parts (sorry, don;t know how to describe that):
So, on this image, the 2 pins on the left are the ones you want to insert into this 2-pin header
d
Hello, Thanks Daniel, but I speak about PWM Fan Connector of Board (for case), not for Node
d
And yes - this is a 12V header, so don't use 5V FAN 🙂
There's only this 2-pin connector on the board
p
the 2-pin header on the board should work with a 4-pin fan but will not have PWM features
it will just run at full speed
d
4-pin is unpopulated and most likley not working anyway
So you can use this 2-pin header or connect FANs to, for example, external FAN controller to control speeds
d
OK, no PWM features 😦
d
Not on the board, yes
d
Thanks
d
👍
d
Thistherefore The connector circled in red at the top is therefore not present and you must use the one circled in green (but without PWM) to put fans in the case.
d
This other connector, even on early samples/prototypes, has never been working (has been disabled)
Production boards do not include that connector at all
d
OK thanks, I understand now. I'll use an external controller for fan. Have a nice day👍
d
👍