Shipping
# │forum
a
Can someone please provide a shipping update? Thanks.
d
Shipping should be resumed in about 2 weeks probably. The RTC battery fix is being tested and the additional small boards that fix the issue should be manufactured soon.
u
I wish we could "opt-in" to receive the fix separately and get TPi2 sooner -- we're all like kids waiting for christmas morning.
d
The fix is not just this additional board. I had to also solder in a small resistor to fix the RTC time counting pace (it was too slow)
This is not the size that's probably going to be added to the boards. This was the one I could get in a reliable time to test if this works. Not my finest soldering job either 🙂
w
So all the unshipped boards also need a second rework before they can ship? What about the ones that have already shipped? Are people expected to whip out their soldering iron?
d
All the information is going to be shared with the next update - once everything is known already
h
I seriously hope that is not the fix that gets shipped .. Someone needs a soldering refresher course 😲
d
Well, I said "This is not the size that's probably going to be added to the boards. This was the one I could get in a reliable time to test if this works. Not my finest soldering job either" - I soldered it to test if it works, I have no much experience with SMD soldering nor I have a professional tools. I just told to the Turin Pi Team I indeed can get a resistor and solder it to test (I have enough skills). The factory is going to do much better job 🙂
k
I hate to be the one to ask but… Any idea if the need for an additional resistor fix was included in @nsky's latest shipping estimate (provided about a week-ish ago) or if that means an additional delay on top of that?
u
"not my finest soldering job" -- your words not mine 🤣
d
I... feel confused. What do you mean?
u
its not pretty, but it gets the job done.
d
Ah, yeah, proved the solution is working 🙂
u
so you added 500k resistor -- what was the delta on the RTC interval as a result?
d
I added 5.1MΩ resistor. Without it, the time has been counted almost 2x slower
u
missed a 0 😅
at least surface mount (when you can read the numbers) is easier to calculate than thru-hole color banding.
d
Some time ago I was able to read the values by the colors. I forgot most of it already 😄
u
gold and silver i still remember...
w
@DhanOS (Daniel Kukiela) , if you don't have the actual answer, providing the responsees you've given here make things MORE confusing than if you just waited for an official response. Do you know how the boards are being fixed before shipping? What you've had to do doesn't tell us what the official team is doing and that's what this question is about. Please stop guessing, it just clutters the conversation
d
I said what I knew at this point of time, I did guess nothing. About the questions I did not know the answer to - I truthfully said the next update will provide more information - both for you and for me. I'm not a part of the Team and I do not have all the information but if I have some, I'm sharing it / answering questions. and the answers are true at this given point of time. But I agree with you about one thing - I should probably not share this specific piece of information. I've had no bad intentions, though.
k
Even a few hours later, I'm still failing to put into proper words a decent rebuke to this message, so I just hope that Dan knows that despite having to read through venomous messages like yours, the vast majority of us, starved for any information (and understanding that they are given out in barely a semi-official fashion, without any guarantees of that info standing the test of time — at least most of us understand this, that is), are happy to hear anything he's got to share with us
b
Anyway I'm excited to get our new one. Better to take the time to get the fix done right than create more rework later.