PuTTY error when logging in
# │forum
u
Hi everyone. Flashed the most recent BMC firmware, can SSH in now. For some reason using the USB to serial adapter (with the pins in the correct orientation, RXD, TXD, GND) I get garbled output on Putty. Settings are as recommended on the website, 11520 and for me COM3. I know it's connected since I see garbled output but am unable to get the BMC boot information in useable language. Have checked to ensure I have the right translation, but still not able to see proper characters. Has anyone had the same problem, and if so what were your putty settings to solve it? Thanks;
t
Is "11520" a typographical error? The data rate is "115200".
d
Also make sure that you connected TX from the cable to RX on the board and RX from the cable to the TX on the board. Other than that connect GND and nothing more.
Also, if I recall correctly, with Putty you might need to set the Flow control to none:
u
OMFG I know it is supposed to be 115200 I typed it wrong TWICE (here and in Putty). I created a profile and kept clicking the same one each time. Changing it to the correct 115200 corrected the problem. Thanks peeps. Feel so stupid.