Flashing Jetson Nano
# │forum
t
Somehow I accidentally was able to flash one board last night. Lots of failures. I an using a 3' usb cable. Mostly SDKManager stalls a 99% flashing the Jetson OS. Any ideas would be welcome to resolve this issue.
d
Try to use other node. Node 1 can be problematic on some boards
t
Been trying only 2-4
w
I don't know if we had same issue, I faced something similar, but error happened long before this 99% flashing, you could see on the logs. I think this happened when I was using Oracle Virtual Box and it looks like problems with the USB connection for it. I changed to VMWare Workstation to run Ubuntu virtual machine and it worked to flash it. I even used USB-C to -A to flash it.
t
I am running ubuntu 18.* from vmware on a windows 10 machiune. I have used A-A and C-A. I have an old linux server and will try that.
w
Also, try to unmark the "host machine" (if you are not already doing it) when flashing it
d
I'm not sure about the Jetson Nano (will have one in a few days to test) but with Orin devices the USB device changes during flashing and you need to reconnect it again to the VM
t
Managed to get them to flash. used a pc with ubuntu 18.04. Node 3 worked for me. Only loaded the os.
The web interface only shows the nano in node1.