RTC clock accessibility
# │forum
t
Hi all Is there any documentation on the TPi2's RTC someone could point me towards? I've got one of the later, factory-fixed boards with a CR1220 installed and can use it to manage the BMC's clock. I'm not sure whether the RTC is also supposed to be accessible by nodes via i2c (as I understand was the case for the TPI1) or similar. I've had no success with some pretty beginner i2cdetect queries on a CM4 in node 4 (nothing on i2c bus 1, but dozens of devices including a 68 in buses 20/21). I'm also aware I'll probably need to put a dtoverlay statement into my /boot/config.txt but I don't know which chipset is used. Unfortunately the version of hwclock installed on the BMC is pretty basic and revealed nothing, and nor could I see anything obvious on the BMC i2c tool.
d
The RTC clock in TPi2 is the integral part of the BMC. It's not an i2c chip. You could, however, add the ntpd on the BMC and use NTP on the nodes
t
Thanks for the confirmation! I suspected this might be the case. Guess I should get cracking on installing the CE firmware and setting up my nodes as NTP clients
d
I believe I added NTPD to the BMC, as well as NTP. I never tried to use the NTPD personally