Turing-Pi 2 and Jetson Orin NX 16G
# │forum
i
Hello, I'm writing to seek advice on making the "Jetson Orin NX 16G" module function correctly with the Turing Pi 2 board. This is my second post on this topic. I've already attempted the following steps as outlined in the official Turing Pi documentation (https://docs.turingpi.com/docs/orin-nxnano-flashing-os): Powered off Node 2. Switched Node 2 to device mode. Powered on Node 2. Connected a USB A-A cable from Node 2 to my PC/Mac. Despite these steps, the Turing Pi 2 did not detect the Orin NX 16G module. I also tried an alternative method, where I flashed the Orin NX 16G module using a Nvidia board before inserting it into the Turing Pi 2 board, but this didn't work either as the Turing Pi 2 still failed to recognize the module. I reached out to the Turing Pi 2 technical support team but haven't received a response yet. I'm beginning to suspect there may be an issue with my board. If anyone has successfully connected a Jetson Orin NX 16G module with a Turing Pi 2, I would greatly appreciate your insights and advice on how to accomplish this.
r
You will need a Linux bare metal machine connected to your Turing PI board. Once done you should see the board connection to USB using "lsusb"
d
Did you upgrade the firmware to v2.x?
I answered you in the tech support ticket, but I gues we can continue here
Orin NX should work without issues. Can you put it into node 1, connect an HDMI monitor and look what you see? Does it boot?
i
Greetings, Thanks for your reply. Please find below the summary of what I have tried. The second part has hardware images and information. Please let me know if you need any additional information The following is a summary of what I have tried: - I have put the module into node(1) and connected it to an HDMI monitor. It did not boot and didn’t produce any output. - The module works in the Nvidia carrier board. - I flashed the Orin NX 16G module using a Nvidia board and then inserted it into the Turing Pi 2 board, but this didn't work. Turing Pi 2 failed to recognize the module. - I've already attempted the following steps as outlined in the official Turing Pi documentation (https://docs.turingpi.com/docs/orin-nxnano-flashing-os): o Powered off Node 2. o Switched Node 2 to device mode. o Powered on Node 2. o Connected a USB A-A cable from Node 2 to my PC/Mac. o Despite these steps, the Turing Pi 2 did not detect the Orin NX 16G module. Hardware images and information: MacBook Pro that hosts the VMware: MacBook Pro: 16-inch, 2019 Processor2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB Memory64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 VMware: Fusion - Professional Version 13.5.0 (22583790)
d
Please put the module into the Turing Pi2 board, turn it on to the state you think it should boot, and take a few photos from different angles, please. I want to see if I can spot anything obvious.
r
@ismailhi I have a Jetson Orin NX 16GB installed to my Turing PI 2 v.4 with firmware 2.0.5 and a NVMe 500GB. I flashed Nvidia 35.4.1 using my Turing board on slot 2, it is now mounted on slot 4. Perhaps the following information can help: - Picocom does not yield any output from it. (before or after successful flashing) - Turing board in "flash" mode, Jetson not flashed or flashed, linux computer connected to USB-OTG: You see Jetson in recovery mode - Turing board in "device" mode, Jetson not flashed, linux computer connected to USB-OTG: You see Jetson in recovery mode - Turing board in "device" mode, Jetson flashed, linux computer connected to USB-OTG: You see Jetson in operating mode I flashed the Jetson on the Turing board pretty much following the instructions https://docs.turingpi.com/docs/orin-nxnano-flashing-osfrom with the following changes: - From Jetson Linux Archive I picked drivers from 35.4.1 - Wherever the instruction has 35.3.1 I replaced by 35.4.1 - In the Turing Pi2 Preparation - I set the node to "flash", the instruction calls for "device" but it does not work in "device" mode - The USB cable needs to be connected to the USB that is adjacent to HDMI connector (yep I found it the hard way) - Used the flashing instruction for NVMe I wasn't able to flash the Nvidia version 36.2... for now I am waiting another victim to figure this one out 😉 I hope this helps!
d
Is there any difference manually building and flashing vs. using SDK Manager?