EU VAT ID
# │forum
s
Does Turing Machine Inc have a valid EU VAT ID? Asking because I cannot find it on generated invoice. From my knowlage any company foreign to EU, exporting goods to Europe Union needs to have a valid EU VAT ID registered.
u
@szysit How could a not eu company have a eu vat?
s
@__rxb__ Any company might have EU VAT ID. I'm not an expert. Last time I was looking for EU tax rules was for Switzerland based company for e-commerce where EU VAT ID was at the end mandatory. I'll suggest searching for TAX related rules on official EU pages. In EU, even China based companies should have EU VAT ID 🙂 As customer, from Turing Pi website perspective, on order details I was able to provide my EU VAT ID which was even verified. I assume that verification was there for some reasons.
n
No, we don’t have eu vat number
u
Switzerland is not a eu member 😉
s
@nsky @__rxb__ you may read about some rules from US perspective here: https://www.taxjar.com/blog/european-vat-us-ecommerce-sellers At the end, I do not care as I'm only interested on getting the product 😉
n
Thanks
d
Just to add on to this, the invoice I can download on turingpi.com does not specify VAT at all, I am a bit confused by that
n
should work. If you have issues with it, please send us a request to ask@turingpi.com
d
That's where it lists my own VAT ID, but what I was confused about is that in the product listing and subtotal/total it does not list either the NL VAT percentage 21%, or 0% for deferring to me.
Should I assume all prices are without VAT?
s
@dutchy2 no VAT on Invoice added, as seller is US based company. VAT could be added on duty, but for valid VAT registered companies it will be 0%. For customers (normal peoples) a VAT might be added and package could be blocked, when delivered to target country, until VAT will be paid. This will be a random process.
d
ok thanks
s
Everything depends which country will be used for shipping. Also duty could be added. @nsky you would need to specify a package value on shipping label. There could be some exceptions also for electronics which are products marked as prototypes: https://www.shippingsolutions.com/blog/importing-basics-prototypes what could make a product duty free. At the end topic is not easy. I belive seller will do the best to prepare shipping correctly. Myself, I'm ok on paying all the taxes/duties which I will be requested to extra pay.