shipping origin - customs duties
# │forum
a
Where are the orders shipped from? how are customs taxes are effected? i live in the EU, and i'd like to understand if the order is coming from outside the EU (and therefore subject to additional charges) or not
k
I think that I’ve heard that the shipments are coming straight from the warehouse in China
u
I received mine via Luxembourg today. No import taxes, went straight through customs.
m
Received my turingpi last month. Tracking info shows the package leaving China, but it cleared customs at Liege and then was delivered to Greece like any other EU-originating package.
p
We want to make things easier and more convenient for you, so we are taking care of shipping taxes.
u
Thank you! It is much appreciated 🌷
m
Is this only for certain countries? I´m in Norway and got a delivery notice from you on mail yesterday, but when checking the tracking number at my local post service it is listed with unpaid import duties.
u
I think that's an unfortunate effect of not being a EU member
p
Occasionally, packages may undergo detailed customs inspection, and if officials decide that the paid VAT is less than what is required for the product, they may ask the recipient to cover the estimated difference in cost.