Fan mode for mini itx case
# │forum
v
Dear all, I want to use the following case with my Turing Pi 2: https://www.myelectronics.nl/us/desktop-mini-itx-case.html The case can accomodate a 80mm fan, in front and I'd like some suggestion for the fan: do you suggest to use it with air flow from outside to inside or from iside to outside?
d
I would set airflow from outside to inside
If you set it the other way around the fan might such air from all around, not necessarily from around the nodes
Also, make sure to have a way to control fan speed. You can use, for example Noctua NA-FC1 or, so-called "low noise" cables
v
I'going to buy the Noctua NF-A8 FLX that with proper cable can run 2000/1650/1200 RPM. Any suggestion for the best RPM to choose? Thank you
d
The best is going to be the one that cools your modules enough and is not too loud. Once you put everything together you'll find this out, but I'll start with the slower RPM
u
As depicted in the images is best, front intake to bring in the ambient air. It will definitely blow air directly over nodes 1 and 2, nodes 3 and 4 might get a little warmer but should be fine.
p
I have that case and the NF-A8 PWM which i use with the LNA which i believe is around 1700rpm on this fan which is very good in terms of performance and noise the CM4 ideal around 37C with ambient aroung 21c, i do recomend a fan filter though which can be fitted on the other side under the front you have around 5mm to play with