Turing-Pi V1 netboot
# │forum
u
I was wondering if anyone has some black magic knowledge about getting the CM3+ modules to netboot in the Turing-Pi V1. It is casually mentioned in the documentation that it is possible, but I cant find any documentation on how to get the CM3+ modules to do this. Everything I can find seems to refer to changing OTP bit 17 using program_usb_boot_mode=1 in /boot/config.txt, but this doesnt seem to do anything for me. I am running Ubuntu, could that be it?
Anyone at all? Perhaps from anyone from @User? You advertise this is possible, but I cant find any documentation making the CM3s with eMMC boot from LAN
n
@Dan Manners (@Cisco) have you done this? I remember that someone done this. Maybe @geerlingguy
g
I never tried on the CM3+
I'm not sure if that model supports it?
n
@K4L have you done this before?
k
From my understanding this ist possible. We use it regular when you mean loading kernel and using an NFS root. We just remove the partition table and reboot.
(sorry for Auto correction issues - typed from my phone)
What I remember that the network booting needs to be enable. But it's just a onetime thing
d
I vaguely remember getting it sort of working, but it was a PITA and I gave up. I think I ended up needing a MicroSD card just to point to the remote location, so it was only being read on startup, nothing else.
t
I have two CM3+ w/32GB eMMC and am looking for a way to preserve the eMMC and conserve RAM usage
I’m ok with putting some bootstrap, etc. content on the Pi itself to NetBoot
I was curious if, by building boot images remotely, I could use a different device as a BMC-type manager for my TP1
Perhaps even NetBoot it from the BMC on the TP2 when that software is complete?
Perhaps a partial solution… (will post a few more links)