Turing RK1 Development Resources
# │forum
s
Hello I have been working on a number of RK3588 boards and would like to inquire about the RK1 to gather more information. Such as where development resources / firmware are or how I might be able to access it, from my understanding it's open source? I have attempted to reach out to Turing multiple times via email and their help page but have not received any response. Does anyone know of any proper contact information so I may inquire further?
c
If nothing else, Linux is GPL-licensed, so getting your hands on a binary (e.g. by extracting it from a real RK1) will legally entitle you to the corresponding source code. So probably TMs will post the code in a GitHub repo shortly before the RK1s begin shipping to comply with the GPL.
s
This is very true. I primarily want to evaluate what needs to be done. I have a popular Ubuntu 22.04 project that supports approximately 10 RK3588 boards. I can easily create images if I had access to the hardware and a device tree. The RK1 seems interesting but I need more information before I dump my time and money into it.
d
Hi. The firmware is going to be public once it's ready. @abrahamrhoffman is working on it. He's working on Ubuntu 22.04. Other board information will be released n the near future too. As for
I have attempted to reach out to Turing multiple times
- I haven't seen any of your messages. Can you DM me your email so I can check?
s
Sure, i'm only pointing out i have a build system already for Ubuntu 22.04 and RK3588 devices.
Also if there is any info about the current state of the firmware that would be great.
d
There is no, for now
Abe is working on it and it'll be released as soon as it's ready 🙂
s
Right, sorry for all the questions. I'm extremely skeptical of the sources because of the 5.15 LTS kernel advertised.
d
I checked the ticket history by the email you provided and there are 4 threads. - one is solved by you replying that the bot answered your question - one was left unanswered after the last bot's question - two were directed to a person and Paula replied to never hear back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You absolutely do not have to apologize for the questions 😄 The 5.15 kernel is, I could say, what provides all the features. I guess you are aware of the mainline kernel support for RK3588 and how much is still missing.
s
I wonder how it compares to the 5.10 and 6.1 bsp. Yeah, I have been working recently on mainline for a few different rk3588 boards. I think 6.6 will be perfect for the RK1 when PCIe support is added.
d
Yeah, but then the GPU, display and cpufreq are still missing
The first 2 maybe not this important, but cpufreq is rather important IMO
s
There is an experimental 6.5-rc2 branch from Mesa. We can get HDMI output but I have not looked to much into the GPU side of things
d
I'm also not sure about the M.2 status